Although Instagram has removed the feature of Following Activity Tab, some features are still retained, like you can read someone's most recent posts and their comments on Instagram. But that doesn't meet the needs of most people.
In the following part, we will show you some simple tricks on how to see someone's Instagram activity you follow. If you want something that really works, jump to next part and check how to see someone's activity on Instagram without following them.
Table of Contents
Before We Start: Instagram's Following Tab is Gone
- See Someone's Most Recent Posts on Instagram
- See When Someone is Online on Instagram
- See Who Someone Recently Followed on Instagram
Instagram's Following Activity Tab is Gone
Before We Start
Back to 2019, for how to see what your friends liked on Instagram, you can tapped the Heart icon, and find Following tab. It will show you all friends' activity, like who liked a post, who left a comment, etc. But now Instagram's following activity tab has disappeared.
- Previously, the Following tab let you see Instagram likes, follows and comments of your friends, but it's true that Instagram has removed the "Following" tab in the Activity feed. According to the spokesperson of Instagram.
- Following activity wasn't widely used and some users felt uncomfortable when they saw some vulgar content. As a result of it, Instagram following activity disappeared and the days you can easily see Instagram following activity are over.
Why Instagram Removes the Following Activity Tab?
Instagram updates its system and removes the Following Activity tab. The company claims that they remove the tab to make the app easier to use. However, according to Instagram's head of product, Victor Shah, most of the people did not use the tab, and even a lot of people did not know about the Following Activity Tab.
If you want to see someone's activity, messages, photos secretly, you can try to use KidsGuard Pro, which you can see everything on Instagram for iOS and Android users. We will introduce it in the next part in details. Keep reading!
How to See Someone's Activity on Instagram Without Following/Being Friends
The need to see someone's activity on instagram is increasing. If you are not in the following list, the only solution is to make use of Instagram Activity Tracker - KidsGuard Pro. Things like Instagram activities, messages, posts, app notifications, screen time and so on can be easily tracked using this app.
Also, it can run secretly in the background of Apple amd Android smartphones without any suspicions and giving unprecedented access to the target device. The easy operations and powerful features of KidsGuard Pro make it an ideal choice for people to track Instagram user activity.
The Benefits of KidsGuard Pro to See Someone's Instagram Activity
As an advanced monitoring tool, it has many functions. You don't need to provide the Ins account or password to track the information. Now, check the main features below:
- View someone's Instagram story, photos and videos someone liked or posted on Instagram, Instagram usage time, the content someone is browsing, etc, which is also supported to download these data.
- See someone's likes on Instagram without knowing. You can see what they are interested in on Instagram as you like, secretly and casually.
- Unrestricted access even if you are not in the friend list or the Instagram account was set to private. Moreover, you can capture the real-time screen of the target device, at the same time, the data is automatically synchronized to online dashboard for you to view.
- Invisible Instagram tracking. The app works in stealth mode and uploads the information to your online account. You don't need to be worried about caught by the target phone user.
- Other powerful features include WhatsApp/Facebook/Snapchat monitoring, location tracking, calls tracking and more.
- A free demo is here to help you understand the features better.
How to See Others' Activity on Instagram with KidsGuard Pro
First of all, you should accept the condition that your have to access someone's phone first to install KidsGuard Pro. 3 mins is enough. Now, let's find out how to track someone's activity on Instagram step by step.
Video Guide on How to See Someone's Instagram Activity
Step 1: Get a valid account
The first thing you need to do is to get a license before you can use the advanced features and create your KidsGuard Pro account.
Step 2: Download and install the KidsGuard Pro Assistant
Then manage to get the cell phone of the target people you want to track, download the KidsGuard Pro Assistant from www.clevguard.net. After that, sign in to your account and follow the app instructions to enable some necessary settings. The app icon will hide from the home screen and become incognito after you set it up correctly.
To download KidsGuard Pro for Instagram activity monitoring on iOS and Android, the steps vary. You can check the detailed KidsGuard Pro guide.
Step 3: Start monitoring Instagram
Now log into your account on KidsGuard Pro official website or on the KidsGuard Pro App and access the Android dashboard, where you can check everything.
- To see someone's Instagram likes, comments, and who someone recently followed, select Capture Screenshot feature while the target user is using Instagram. This will send you a real-time screenshot.
- To read Instagram messages and activities on Intagram, select Instagram under Social apps. This will show you the incoming and outgoing messages, as well Instagram notifications.
- To see Instagram screen time, select App Activities under Phone Files.
- To see the photos and videos someone posted to Instagram, select Photos and find Instagram folder.
- Other features waiting for you to explore.
Why Choose KidsGuard Pro?
KidsGuard Pro is a beneficial monitoring application for Android users. You can have a keen focus on your loved ones. You can monitor more than 30 files; Calls, WhatsApp, Discord, Skype, SMS, and Snapchat. It is not detectable and 100% secure, allowing you to track someone remotely even without knowing.
- Social Media Monitoring - Not only for Instagram.
The KidsGuard Pro is quite helpful to monitor Instagram and all the social media applications like WhatsApp, Snapchat, Facebook, Discord, Skype, etc. It enables you to do everything like view chat history, etc. Everything can be done without rooting.
- Check the browser history of the target device.
KidsGuard Pro is a monitoring app allowing you to access the browser history of the target device. With this, you can see the recent searches and all the history of your target device.
- View messages (even deleted messages)
Your loved one spends a lot of time on mobile phone texting, and you want to know their activity on the mobile phone. Then, KidsGuard Pro is most useful for you. You can see all their messages and even the deleted messages.
- Remotely control target Android phone.
Such a good monitoring app can help you record calls, record phone screen, record surrounding lives and take photos through target phone. You can know everything happens on it, undetectably.
- Get every words on phone.
KidsGuard Pro can record every keystroke by its keylogger feature. You can also track keywords you set up to match them and prove what you are suspicious about.
How to See Someone's Activity on Instagram?
1. How to See Someone's Most Recent Posts on Instagram
How to see friends' activity on Instagram? There are two ways by which you can see someone's most recent posts on Instagram. Firstly, if you followed someone, go to the home page, scroll through the news feed and see if their post shows up. Or, you can visit their profile page to see details. The steps to see someone's Instagram posts include:
- Step 1: Go to the search bar in Search & Explore on your mobile device. Search for the username of the Instagram user whose recent posts you wish to see.
- Step 2: Once you are on the user's profile, you will see their most recent posts at the top and the oldest posts towards the bottom.
- Step 3: Click on a particular post to see when it was shared.
However, if the Instagram profile you want to track is set as Private, then you must first request to follow and wait for the person to accept your request.
You may be interested in: Top 5 Private Instagram Profile Viewer.
2. How to Know If Someone Is Online on Instagram
In order to see when someone was last online on Instagram, you need to have followed them before or had conversations to the person on Instagram Direct Message first.
There are 3 ways to see if someone is online on Instagram.
- Way 1: Go to your Instagram Direct Messages. You will see a complete list of all the people you've talked to Instagram. Their most recent Activity status will be shown, for example, active 30m ago, seen, typing, etc.
- Way 2: Click on the user's profile picture to see if the user is online. A green dot or a timestamp will appear next to the profile.
- Way 3: Open a friend's chat, you can see his or her activity on Instagram such as in the chat or in the camera.
If your friends' Activity Status is off, you are not allowed to see someone's active on Instagram with the above methods.
3. How to See Who Someone Recently Followed on Instagram
Do you have this problem as well? That is when you are on a Ins profile page, you can click Followers or Following to see a list of users, but it is not in chronological order, so you don't know who recently followed.
Thankfully, there is a way around. I am not sure whether this trick will work afterwards, but so far it works. You can access Instagram through web browser instead of the app, and it will show recent followers.
Extra Tip: How to Hide Activity on Instagram
Are you interested in knowing how to hide your activity on Instagram? If yes, this extra tip will be helpful.
- Go to your Instagram profile, tap on the three lines on the top right corner of the app.
- Tap on Settings. Scroll down to the Privacy section and tap on Activity Status.
- Toggle off the button that says Show Activity Status and your activity on Instagram will no longer be public.
FAQs About Seeing Instagram's Likes
Q1. Can I see what I have liked in the past on Instagram?
Yes, you can see the posts that you have likes on Instagram in the past. You can see the posts by logging in to your Instagram account and then click on the profile icon. Now go to settings and then click on account, and go to the posts you've liked.
Q2. Can you be notified when someone posts an update on Instagram?
Yes, it is possible to get a notification when someone shares a post on Instagram. If you want to get notifications of someone's posts, click on the three dots of a post of the person whose posts notifications you want to get. Then, turn on the post notifications. Now, you will be able to get all the notifications from the posts of that person.
Q3. How to see what people like on Instagram?
If you are wondering to search the answer of "can you see what someone likes on instagram?" or "how to see what pictures someone likes on instagram," then the clear and short answer is no, it is not possible to see what someone likes on Instagram.
However, if you want to see someone's likes on Instagram, you can use a monitoring app. There are a lot of monitoring applications, but you have to use a trustworthy app like KidsGuard Pro.
Q4. How can I remove Instagram likes?
Instagram enables you to hide likes on your posts even after sharing. For example, if you want to hide like count, click on three dots above a post, then tap on the "hide like count". You can turn it off and on whenever you want.
Q5. Is purchasing Instagram likes helpful?
It is not helpful to purchase Instagram likes. It may cause you to flag your Instagram account within the system. You will be considered phony to your followers, and it will not enhance sales for your business.
We have discussed the effective ways on how to see someone's activity on Instagram. KidsGuard Pro turns out to be very useful when you didn't follow the person you want to track, or you seldom have the chance to open Instagram on his/her device.
This Instagram activity tracker app truly works and allows you to track the Instagram activity of friends or family without knowing. The app also has its flaws. You need to access the target device for one time to install the app, and the data syncing may delay.