Are you addicted to your phone? If you feel that your phone is taking too much of your time but you struggle to beat the habit of endlessly scrolling your phone then your best solution is to use the best screen time limiting app you can find.
This is also a fantastic solution if your teenage child can't seem to put down his or her phone. Some of the best apps you can use to limit screen time include:
KidsGuard is one of the best and most comprehensive applications you can use to limit the amount of time you spend on your screen. It comes ready to install on your phone making it easy for anyone to use.
With this app, you will be able to monitor how much time you spend on your device. You will also use it to set your uptime so that you limit how much you can use your device.
More importantly, you can use this application to do other important functions such as monitoring your kids' activities if you have it installed on their devices.
- It can both monitor and control how much time you spend on your device
- It has other functions such as blocking apps, webs, tracking location, filtering spam calls, and locking/capturing screen remotely, etc
- It's easy to use
- It is not 100% free
Another awesome app you can use to limit screen time is Space. Many people use this application to improve their productivity by limiting how much time they spend on their screens. This app helps you analyze your phone usage and then set your goals based on your particular user type.
If you achieve those goals you receive a badge. This encourages you to keep working on your goals and keep becoming a better time manager. You can also block notifications, whitelist apps, and even dim the screen to ensure that you don't get tempted to go use your device during your off-time.
- Helps set and track your goals
- Hides social media and notifications to limit distractions
- Not 100% accurate when tracking your onscreen time
- Does not have many features
This is an easy to use application that makes it easy to track and manage your phone usage time. This app will show you how much time you spend on applications or websites on your device. This way you will be to apply the screen limit time appropriately.
- Runs in the background making sure it does not affect your other apps
- It supports family phones which means you can use it with your kids
- Offers scrolling insights
- It has some glitches
- Offers no other features other than screen time
Flora is one of the best apps for limiting your screen time. It comes with many features that make using it easy, fast and quite fun. It is powerful and can be used on almost all the latest phones. It allows for group activities which makes it more fun.
- Easy to use
- It has great features
- Makes it easy to change habits with help of friends
- Some technical problems have been reported
- Not 100% cheap
We all want to spend fewer hours on our phones and instead focus on being productive. But sometimes the juicy social media updates from your friends mean that you can't put down your phone even for a minute.
If this is a problem for you then using the freedom app gives you your freedom back by making sure that you can block all the tempting apps and websites that rob you of your productive hours. This gives you the freedom to be productive by limiting your screen time.
- Makes it easy to block apps and websites
- Perfect for task scheduling
- Very good for multi-tasking
- Work across several operating systems
- Does not have many features
- It is not free
If you spend too much time on your phone and would love to know what is the leading culprit then this is your perfect app. It tracks and analyzes how you spend your on-time so that you know what your biggest time-waster is. You can then apply the daily time limit so that you can have some free time to focus on what matters.
- Detailed analysis of your phone usage
- Easy daily time limit settings
- Can be used to monitor several phones at the same time
- It has a point program that makes it less appealing
This is one of the most popular applications for applying a limit on your screen time for android users. It tracks everything you do on your phone and provides a detailed report you can use to set your time limits. With this off-time app, you can block apps and limit your on-time so that you can remain productive for longer.
- Good to know your biggest time wasters
- Easy to set your off-time
- Best for categorizing and blocking apps
- Advanced features are not free
- Has limited functions
8. Social Fever
Social Fever is another popular app you can use to set your screen time limit on android phones. It helps keep you in check when using your phone so that you can avoid phone addiction. In addition, it comes with many other healthy features such as eye health, ear health, and water reminders.
- Shows you the history of your phone usage up to seven days
- Easy to use to block apps and limit your screen time
- Not perfect for social media tacking
- Does not have many tracking options
Forest is a powerful app you can use to take back control of your life and your smartphone. It is easy to set up your off times and as a reminder, a digital tree grows during your time off.
If you pick the phone before the off-time is over you will receive a reminder that your digital tree will die. This is unique as it helps keep you off your phone.
- It is easy to use
- Has an intuitive user interface
- Helps fund the plant of real trees to keep our planet forest cover in check
- Relies on notifications only which may not be effective in some cases
- The free version for android has too many ads
Flipd apps take advantage of the peer influence your friends have on you to help you limit your screen time. You can create challenges with friends to ensure that you are not overusing your smartphone. You can also use it to set screen off-time and to block apps so that you can become more productive.
- It has many features
- You can create a support group for easy tracking of your offtime
- The free version has limited features
- Poor technical support
There are many screen time limiting apps on the internet that you can use. However, most of these apps have many problems that make them less idea. In this article, we have looked at the top 10 best screen time limiters you can use.
However, if you want the best of the best then consider using KidsGuard. It is a powerful tool that is easy to use and comes with many features that no other app for limiting screen time has.