Before We Start
Looking for an alternative to the Life360 app? Searching for apps like Life360 for location tracking? Wondering if there is a safe app available to replace the Life360 app?
Life360 is one of the most widely used apps for tracking the location of family members in real-time. However, the company collects user data like location information, location history, driving stats and sell them to third-party companies like advertisers and insurance companies. This is a clear violation of the user's privacy and security, and hence, its users are looking for a better alternative.
If you are looking for answers to these questions above, we have lined up 9 best apps like the Life360 app. Let's check them out!
Table of Contents
9 Best Life360 Alternatives:
Here are the best apps similar to Life360 that you can use for real-time location tracking of family members. You can ditch the unsafe Life360 app and opt for any one of these best apps as per your assessment.
1. KidsGuard Pro
KidsGuard Pro is a complete remote monitoring app. You can track the real-time location of the family members as well as check their location history.
Apart from location tracking, you can track all the phone activities of the family members remotely from your phone or computer through KidsGuard Pro Dashboard. The app is suitable for Android as well as iOS users.
- Track real-time location(GPS and Wi-Fi) and location history.
- Set Geofence and get alerts when the person enters and leaves.
- Monitor text messages and call logs.
- Track social media conversations.
- Check phone files such as photos and videos.
- Monitor web browser history.
- Record calls and take live screenshots on the Android app.
- Complete remote monitoring of the target phone.
- Real-time data sync without delay.
- Easy installation and simple operation.
- No rooting or jailbreaking is needed.
- Works in stealth mode and secure app.
- Provide free demo but no free trial.
KidsGuard is a great parental control app, and it is available for Android and iOS users. It is a perfect alternative to the Life360 app as you can track the real-time location of your kid or any family member. Besides, you can set a virtual fence so that whenever your family member enters or leaves Geofence, you will get alerts.
This is useful as you do not have to do real-time monitoring all the time, and only when they cross the safe zone(Geofence), you can start real-time tracking. Apart from location tracking, there are various options for remote monitoring and controlling the target phone. Kindly note that the KidsGuard app is different and NOT the same as KidsGuard Pro.
- Real-time GPS-based location tracking.
- Get alerts based on set Geofence.
- Block websites manually and set filters auto-blocking.
- Block apps after checking app usage details.
- Capture live screenshots and lock the phone remotely.
- Allow limited contacts to call on the phone.
- Get daily, weekly, and monthly activity reports of online activities.
- Track real-time location accurately.
- View location history on the map.
- Monitor and control online activities.
- Super easy to use for users of any age.
- No driving stats available
Glympse is a professional location tracking app. You can create groups to share locations with family members. The most striking feature of the app is that there is no need for family members to install the app.
You can send across a link through which they can check out your location. You can set triggers for alerts as well as communicate with family members through the app. In fact, the app is developed for companies to track their clients and interact with them. However, you can use the app to track your family members effectively.
- Real-time location tracking based on GPS.
- No need for family members to install the app to track your location.
- Different ways of inbuilt communication.
- Set circular and polygon Geofence.
- Set triggers and get arrival and departure alerts.
- Accurate location tracking with the communication platform.
- Users can limit what to share and privacy stays intact.
- The app is free and you can connect multiple devices.
- The syncing is slow and late.
- The user interface is slightly lagging and buggy.
- Security and privacy concerns for being free.
FollowMee is a great alternative to the Life360 app. If you want to monitor your family member's location, you do not need to install the app. If your family members have the app installed, you can check their locations through the web portal.
All the connected devices are shown on the same map for convenience. The app is compatible with Android, iOS, and Windows. There is also a group creation system for separate location tracking.
- Real-time location tracking based on GPS.
- Location viewing from web portal without the app.
- Set geofencing and check reports on the arrival and leave.
- Set tracking schedule and lock app screen with password.
- Cross-platform support and focus on security and privacy.
- Group creation for constantly tracking location.
- No need for app installation for location tracking only.
- Does not sell user data and uses login token for privacy.
- Geofencing system does not send alerts.
- The user interface is slightly complicated.
- Does not refresh data as quickly as expected.
GeoLocator is one of the best apps like Life360 and you can precisely track the movement of your family members. The markers on the map are clear and hence, there should be no confusion regarding the positioning. You can define a safe zone and get alerts when members enter and exit the zone. The navigation system is clean and easy to create routes.
- Real-time location monitoring through GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile data.
- Communicate with family members through the app.
- Sends notifications when the family member's phone battery is low.
- Watch your family members on the map from the web portal.
- Monitor surrounding by accessing phone cameras of family members.
- Accurate location tracking with GPS and Wi-Fi.
- Suitable for baby monitor and remote spying.
- Does not consume excessive battery life.
- The user interface is somewhat clumsy.
- Advanced features have certain glitches.
iSharing is not just compatible with iOS devices but also with Android devices. You can track the location of your family members and stay connected anytime. Members can share their location information privately and even communicate with one another within the app.
Just like the Life360 app, the app provides driving reports and you can set triggers for alerts. You can get a surrounding street view of the shared location for more convenience.
- Track real-time location for free, along with location history.
- Get alerts based on set places when members arrive and leave.
- Get complete driving stats with visualization graphs.
- Inbuilt chat system for instant communication.
- Innovative street view to assess the surroundings of the shared location.
- Easy location tracking with inbuilt communication.
- Get notifications when members are nearby.
- Shake phone to send panic SOS alert.
- Accuracy is not consistent.
- Consumes more battery life.
- The pricing is on the higher side.
Wondershare FamiSafe is one of the best Life360 alternatives. It is very similar to KidsGuard app in terms of features and functionalities. It is a parental control app at its core with an emphasis on helping kids to develop healthy digital habits.
The app is compatible with Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, and Kindle Fire. You can track the real-time location of family members, control screen time as well as monitor the phone activities of your kids. Besides, you can check driving stats just like the Life360 app.
- Track real-time location and location history.
- Set safe Geofence and get alerts when they are crossed.
- Tracking driving routes and stats including dangerous behaviors.
- Get activity reports and control screen time.
- Monitor browser history, enable safe search and web filters.
- Monitor YouTube and TikTok as well as phone files.
- Location tracking and driving report available.
- Various detailed analysts and no rooting required.
- Compatible across all operating systems.
- No text and call log monitoring feature.
- Syncing is rather slow.
- Setting up takes time.
8. My Family - Family Locator
My Family app from Friendzy Tech is one of those apps like Life 360 that lets you keep track of your family members in real-time. It is one of the safest apps as it focuses on keeping user data securely. The location tracking is accurate, and you can set customized alerts.
Just like the Life360 app, you can check the driving details of your family members. Besides, the app shows the daily activities of every member along with various statistics. The app works on both Android and iOS versions.
- Check real-time location on the private family map.
- Smart alerts based on arrival and departure from set places.
- Check location history and use a GPS finder to track devices.
- Get driving and movement statistics conveniently.
- Get alerts when the battery status of members falls below 15%.
- Focuses on privacy and useful smart alerts.
- Instant alerts when family members are nearby.
- Different useful statistics from the family's perspective.
- Lacks phone activity monitoring features.
- The support team is very responsive.
- There is a considerable syncing delay.
9. Sprint Safe & Found
Last but not least, Sprint Safe & Found is one of the best apps similar to Life360. The features are almost similar to the Life360 app for location tracking. Starting from real-time family location to safety area alerts and notifications, the app focuses on tracking family members accurately and keeping the family safe and sound. The app is compatible across all devices having Android or iOS.
- Check real-time locations of family members.
- Set safety zones and get alerts on entry and exit.
- Get location alerts from specific family members.
- Check-in option to let others know where you are.
- Parental controls and emergency alerts.
- Different location-based features.
- Control family members' phones remotely.
- Use SOS alerts and check-in alerts.
- No driving stats available.
- Limited phone activity monitoring options.
- Sudden crashes were reported by users.
We have all the best Life360 alternatives that are available on the market. Some of these apps have exactly the same features as the Life360 app, and they overcome all the shortcomings of the Life360 app.
However, we recommend KidsGuard Pro as the best alternative to Life360. This is because KidsGuard Pro has all that the Life360 app offers, and then there are more robust features for complete remote monitoring and tracking of family members.