Do you often get tired of your TikTok username and desperate to change a new one? But when you try to change it only to find out there are some boundaries. Don't worry! In this article we will discuss how to change your username on TikTok and some tips for it. Keep reading to find out more!
- What is TikTok?
- Things You Need to Know About TikTok Username
- How To Change Your TikTok Username on Moblie Phones?
- Worried about Your Kids Spending Too Much Time on TikTok?
- How To Change Your TikTok Username on a Windows PC, Chromebook, or Macbook?
- How To Get a Special Username for Yourself?
- FAQs About TikTok
What is TikTok?
TikTok, a name known by every child, teenager, and even elders too, is a widespread application in the world to create, share and watch 15-second snaps on your smartphones. The more you keep watching, the more addictive you become. And there are also many children-inappropriate contents on TikTok. So many parents may wonder whether TikTok is safe for kids? That's hard to say. But what we do know something about TikTok username and show you how to change it.
Things You Need to Know About TikTok Username?
A username is @username other TikTok operators can practice by tagging you and find you from the search bar. It is unique and how people find you in millions of users. While, a TikTok nickname is a name noticeable to operators on your profile. The difference between these two is that you could change your nickname on TikTok whenever and whatever you like, but that's not how it works on username. There are a few conditions as follows:
- TikTok usernames can only be changed once every 30 days. Once you change it, you need to wait exactly 30 days for any change.
- Usernames on TikTok can only contain letters, figures, underscores, and periods. However, periods cannot be entered at the end of the username.
- If you are "verified", altering your username will root you to lose verification.
How To Change Your TikTok Username on Moblie Phones:
Mounting to dislike your username is something that occurs very frequently. The below-mentioned steps can be followed to change you username on TikTok on your mobile phones:
- When you first enroll, the application gives you a quirky username. That part is always "user****", where the stars denote a string of figures.
- It is the leading cause why most newcomers to the platform primarily alter their names, often to mirror their other social media accounts that they can link to such as: Instagram, YouTube, etc.
How To Change Your Username on TikTok Within 30 Days?
Remember one thing: On any of your mobile devices, the steps which are involved in changing your username are usually the same.
- 1. Launch the TikTok app and log in.
- 2. Tap on the Me icon in the below left corner of the main screen.
- 3. Click on Edit Profile icon.
- 4. Click the Username.
- 5. Replace your previous username with the new one and Save.
Like on the iPhone, the application will confirm if it's a unique username or not. Keep trying until the green light appears.
How To Change Your Username on TikTok Without 30 Days?
TikTok designers introduced the 30-day waiting rule to avoid spamming and combat cyberbullying. While there's no boundary on how many times you can alter your username in your lifetime, you can't do it more than once every 30 days. However, you could change the date and time settings to alter your TikTok Username without waiting for 30 days.
Following are the steps to change TikTok username without waiting for 30 days:
- Open the Settings on your mobile phone.
- Select General (for iPhone) or Additional settings (on Android).
- Then tap General / Additional settings > Date & Time.
- Next, turn off Set Automatically in Date & times Settings and turn on 24-hour time.
- Then manually set a date at least 30 days advanced.
- Save your settings and then this will bypass the restriction for 30 days.
- Now at the end, launch TikTok and follow the steps mentioned above for changing the username.
Worried about Your Kids Spending Too Much Time on TikTok?
KidsGuard - A Parental Control App
The parental control app permits Guardians to track real-time location, and sense unsuitable content. And it ensures the safety of kids' screen time and balance their online activities through a single dashboard.
What Can Parents Do With KidsGuard?
1. Web Block - Block harmful websites to create a safe online surrounding. And it permits your kids to visit child-friendly websites or look out for the videos (like TikTok) and robotically prevent them from viewing potentially harmful ones.
2. App Block - Track app usage of your kid's phone abd protect your kids from dangerous social media apps.
3. Capture/Lock Screen - Capture kids' devices screen to know what they are doing. You can lock screen remotely when using time off to let kids focus more on learning, exercise, etc.
4. Real-Time GPS - Track kids in real and view their site history and receive instant alerts when kids enter or leave the geofence.
5. Call Filter - To protect kids away from being harassed by scams or other messy phone calls, keep your kids safe from strangers' phone calls.
6. Activity Report - Receive detailed daily, weekly, and monthly reports of your child's online activity on the dashboard.
How to Use KidsGuard for TikTok Parental Control?
- 1. Launch KidsGuard app on Parent's Devices
- 2. Register KidsGuard Account
- 3. Install KidsGuard App on Kid's Device
- 4. Just copy the URL and open it on your kid's device to finish the installation of KidsGuard Jr.
- 5. Connect Parent's device with Kid's:
Install the KidsGuard application on parents' devices from the Google playstore or Apple App Stroe.
Register a KidsGuard account and complete the mandatory information filling and settings to log in.
Log in to the account on parent's device first and then go to the Dashboard. Click Bind Now, then an URL will appear.
Connect and manage all devices to start and set screen time, block apps, websites, etc. from the Dashboard to keep your child safe online and build kids' digital habits easily.
How To Change Your TikTok Username on a Windows PC, Chromebook, or Macbook?
If you are new to the platform, you may not know this. TikTok is only obtainable for your phone. It doesn't have a desktop form. It makes sense as most of its features rely on smartphone expertise and behavior.
However, you can optimize it on a computer if you install it through an imitator like BlueStacks. BlueStacks is an Android imitator that allows you an Android phone right on your computer or PC.
Once you've installed BlueStacks, you can launch the TikTok application and sign in to an account. Just keep in concentration that you may not be able to make and upload videos. You can, however, use the application to follow what other operators post.
How To Get a Special Username for Yourself?
While picking up a special unique username for yourself on TikTok, follow the below-mentioned tips:
- Never go generic while picking the username for you. Always select a username that is memorable for you.
- You should know that what's your intention for creating an account on TikTok. Know about your content that you are going to showcase on TikTok.
- If you are going for a business account then make sure to know enough details about your brand as you will have to establish it along with your identity.
FAQs About TikTok
1. How to change my location or Region in TikTok?
For the change of location or region in TikTok, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up for Express VPN and launch it.
- Then login into the account and tap on Selected Location option.
- Then tap on the Country or City of your choie.
- Next, tap on the power icon at the top to start your VPN.
- Open TikTok and start watching the content of your new location.
2. How many times can I change my username on TikTok?
You can only change your TikTok username once every 30 days.
3. How can I change my number on TikTok?
- Go to Settings, then tap the Account tab, and after that tap the Account Details tab.
- Next, tap on Change Phone Number and enter your old phone number before tapping the Save Changes tab.
4. How does For You Page Work on YouTube?
Every TikTok video is tested on the For You Page. Your content of TikTok is suggested to the users who like to enjoy it.
- Users like, share, or comment on your TikTok's videos.
- The TikTok algorithm takes this a signal that your content reverberates with the other people and tops it on even more For You pages.
5. What is important to make videos go viral on TikTok?
If the users on TikTok want to go viral on TikTok, then they should post their videos or short reels regularly with trending music or sounds.
Nothing about TikTok is intricate in any way. It is an astounding application. The app has an explicit strategy, and it is easy to comprehend and use by operators of all ages. However, to get a comprehensive TikTok understanding, you have to use the application on your mobile phone.
What are your thoughts on how the platform handles the issues about username/ID change? Do you wish that there should be a workaround for this? Perhaps a premium version of the application allows its users to make more frequent changes. Well, nothing is perfect. It keeps improving.