Previously on Find My Kids Review
Find My Kids has gained popularity on location tracking. In this article, we will provide a thorough review of Find My Kids app. We will also compare it with its next best alternative, KidsGuard Pro for Android. You can choose one according to your needs.
This review includes the following part, click the title you want to get details:
- Part 1: Review of Find My Kids App
- Part 2: Perfect Alternative App for Tracking Child - KidsGuard Pro for Android
- Part 3: Comparison Between Find My Kids And KidsGuard Pro
Part 1: Review of Find My Kids App
Find My Kids App is one of the most popular apps for tracking child's location as well as his app activities. Here are all the details you need to know before you decide whether it is the perfect kid monitoring app you are looking for.
The app is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- GPS Location Tracker – You can track your kid's location in real-time by tracking the location of his phone through its GPS. Not just that, you can check the location history at the end of the day to ensure that your child has not visited any location he is not supposed to.
- Listen to Surroundings –You can listen to the surroundings of your kid's phone remotely from your phone. This will enable you to conclude if your child is in good company. You can also understand what he is planning with his friends and if he is safe when away from you.
- Ring a Loud Sound – There are many times when your child's phone is muted and he cannot locate where he has kept it. In such a scenario, you can ring a loud sound on his phone remotely from your phone so that you can find his phone instantly. You can also use the feature to notify your kid if he is not picking the phone, maybe because it is in silent mode.
- View App Activities – You can check which apps your child is using and for how much duration. This will help you to understand whether he is misusing the phone, and you can delete distracting apps.
- Get Important Notifications – This is an extremely useful feature whereby parents can get notifications when their kid arrives or leaves any preset destinations. This could be school, friend's home, tuition class and likewise. Parents can set the destinations and get updated about their kid's arrival and departure from time to time.
- Low Battery Charge Notification – There are many times when parents cannot reach their kid through calls and messages because their kid's phone is switched off. This could merely be because the phone's battery has drained out. That is why the app sends the parents notification when their kid's phone battery is low. This helps them to charge the phone in time and stay connected.
- SOS Signal – Your kid can send you(parents) an SOS signal in case he is in danger and he needs your help. There is an instant SOS signal sending feature available for your kid to contact you immediately in case he cannot call or text you.
The pricing is quite affordable, and there are three different plans to choose from.
Monthly - $2.99 for tracking a single device.
Yearly - $16.99 for tracking up to three devices.
Lifetime - $25.99 for tracking up to three devices.
- The user interface is simple and intuitive for parents.
- Complete and feature-rich solution for tracking kid's location.
- You can connect the app with your kid's GPS smartwatch.
- The app is highly rated on Play Store as well as App Store.
- It lacks features for complete monitoring on kid's phone activities.
- You have to install two different apps on your and your kid's phone respectively.
How To Use Find My Kids App
Step 1: Install Find My Kids app on your(parent) phone.
Step 2: Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions.
Thereafter, tap on ‘Connect your kid's phone’ option. You will get a code to connect the app with your child's phone.
Step 3: Install ‘Pingo!Chat With Parents’ App on your child's phone.
Step 4: Open the app on your child's phone and enter the code you have on your phone.
Once connected, you can track your child's phone remotely from your phone.
Part 2: Perfect Alternative App for Tracking Child - KidsGuard Pro for Android
KidsGuard Pro for Android is considered to be the most complete app for tracking your child's location and monitoring his phone activities. There are many who prefer it over Find My Kids app for its diverse features and tracking parameters. You can do much more than just find my kids phone.
KidsGuard Pro for Android
The Ultimate Android Monitoring App for You.Sign up free
KidsGuard Pro offers 2 version to the different devices.
KidsGuard Pro for Android is suitable for monitoring Android devices.
If you want to monitor iOS device, then choose KidsGuard Pro for iOS.
- Location Tracking – You can track your child's location in real-time as well as check his location history. This tracking can be done based on GPS as well as Wi-Fi tracking.
- Setting Geofence– You can set a virtual Geofence beyond which your child is not supposed to go. In case your child enters or leaves the set area, you will get notifications.
- Tracking Social Media Activities – Social media platforms like WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, etc, are where kids are extremely active. Therefore, it is important for parents to monitor their child's social media activities to ensure they are not up to any harmful activity like bullying, adult content, and likewise.
- Tracking Phone Data – You can track your child's phone data starting from call logs, messages, and contacts to browser history, photos, and videos. Besides, you can also track their app activities and how much time they are spending apps individually.
- Deploying Keylogger – KidsGuard Pro for Android has an inbuilt keylogger to record each keystroke on your child's phone. Thereby, you can get deleted messages as well as account credentials for viewing them completely.
- Remote Controlling – You can record their calls and listen to their conversations any time you want to understand what they are up to. Similarly, you can take photos and screenshots on your child's phone remotely from your phone or computer.
Do these above functions fit your needs? Click the Monitor Now button below to sign up an account.
- One-stop solution for complete child's phone monitoring.
- You can view social media activities and browser history.
- The app can stay in stealth mode for secret monitoring.
- You can record calls, take live photos and screenshots remotely.
- Extracting data from iOS device is slightly complicated.
- No free-trial is available but demo is present.
How to Use KidsGuard Pro for Android?
Related Read: Installation Guideline for KidsGuard for iOS.
Step 1: Click the "Sign Up" button below to create an account for KidsGuard Pro for Android and choose a suitable plan.
Step 2: Download the apk and install KidsGuard Pro for Android app according to the on-screen installation guide. After completing the configuration, the app will hidden on the phone. You don't have to worry about being discovered by the target.
Step 3: Come back to your phone or computer and visit Dashboard of KidsGuard Pro account for remote monitoring of your child's phone data.
Part 3: Comparison Between Find My Kids And KidsGuard Pro
Here is a quick comparison between Find My Apps and KidsGuard Pro apps.
|Parameters||Find My Kids||KidsGuard Pro for Android|
|Real-time Location Tracking|
|Spot Arrive and Depart Notifications|
|Social Media Activities|
|Listen To Surroundings|
|Capture Live Photos and Screenshots|
|Track Gallery, Calls, Messages|
After comparison, you will find that KidsGuard Pro for Android is more functional than Find My Kids. If you want to comprehensive protect your kids, we recommend you to use KidsGuard Pro for Android.
Q1. Is Find My Kids app or KidsGuard Pro legit?
Yes, both Find My Kids app and KidsGuard Pro app are legit. You can track your child's phone activities remotely from your phone or computer.
Q2. Does Find My Kids or KidsGuard Pro work without Internet?
You can view the past synced data on the apps when there is no internet connection. However, to check the latest synced data of your child's phone, you need to connect to an internet connection. However, for web viewing, an internet connection is a must.
Q3. Can I track my child's phone without them knowing?
You can track your child's phone without them knowing if your child is below 13. However, it is always better to make him aware of your tracking so that your relationship does not turn sour if he finds out somehow.
Q4. Can I see what my child is doing on their phone?
KidsGuard Pro enables you to check what your kid is doing on his phone from your phone or computer. You need to install the app on your child's phone and you can track calls, messages, social media activities, browser history, gallery, and much more.
Q5. What is the best app for tracking my child?
If you intend to track your child's location only, Find My Kids is the best app. However, if you want to track his location as well as his phone activities, KidsGuard Pro is the best app. You can try the amazing functions of KidsGuard Pro for Android by clicking on the below “Try It Free” button.
From the above review of Find My Kids app, we can that Find My Kids is an amazing app for tracking your child's location all the time. However, it is not a complete app for monitoring your child's phone activities. That is why we recommend KidsGuard Pro which not only helps you track your child's location but also monitor all your kid's phone activities.