“Recently I brought a new phone for my kid on her 9th birthday. But I am a little worried about her safety as I heard, there exists content on Instagram that can be inappropriate for kids. Is there any way to set a parental control on Instagram ?”
If you are in the similar situation like this, don’t worry anymore, just keep reading this article and I’ll show you how to set parental control on Instagram.
- Part1: Why We Need to Set Parental Control on Instagram?
- Part2: The Best Way to Help us to Monitor Kids Instagram
- Part3: Other Way to Protect Kids in Instagram
Part 1. Is Necessary to Set Parental Control on Kids Instagram?
The answer is definitely yes! I have summarized the factors harmful to children on Instagrams, which can be roughly divided into the following two categories.
- Instagram is a Social Media Platform that Everyone can Use
- Children's Strong Curiosity and Imitating Ability
- Just take 5 minutes for installation.
- Remotely monitor your kid's phone without them knowing.
- Works without root, more convenient and secure.
- Real-time GPS location tracking of the target devices and syncs real-time data.
- Freely access files on the target devices such as Messages, Call logs, Photos, etc.
According to the latest data, around 1 billion active users access Instagram app monthly and 500 million daily users access Instagram globally. Anyone can register an account on the instagram just with an email account.
Instagram has made it easy to share your favorite moments whether they are photos or videos. User can go live and can stream their precious moments with the people around. But not all the users are there with positive minds, malicious comments may appear in the comment area, and the appearance of these comments may have an indelible effect on the mind of a simple child. Moreover, it will make the child fall into anxiety or depression, which has a huge impact on the child's growth.
Children have a strong ability to imitate, and they are good at learning something they acquire through different channels. Due to the large number of users of Instagram, it has also become a place for the dissemination of some bad information such as violence and bullying. If we do not strengthen monitoring in this area, children are likely to make bad behaviors based on the learning of these bad contents.
Part 2. Set Parental Control in Instagram with Third-party App
Not only to monitor Instagram, you can track your kid's GPS location, view their location history and you can monitor all other social media apps like WhatsApp, Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, and 30+ apps with the use of KidsGuard Pro for Android.
KidsGuard Pro for Android Key Features
How can we set parental control on Instagram in kid's phone?
Step 1. Click on the "Sign Up" button. Enter your valid email and create your KidsGuard Pro for Android account, and then select the plan according to your needs to complete purchasing.
Step 2. Install the KidsGuard Pro for Android program according to the instructions. The whole process takes about several minutes. After the installation is complete, the installation package will be automatically hidden and the icon will automatically disappear.
Step 3. Log in with your credential and access to dashboard. You will see all the details related to the target device and you can monitor all the activities of the target device on dashboard.
This is one of the best methods to set parental control on Instagram help to protect your kid's security, if you're interested, take action right now!
There also have other ways that can help parents. Let's have a look at other ways how can parents monitor Instagram.
Part 3. Other Options for Parental Control on Instagram
- Set Account Private: Only people that you allow will be able to follow you on Instagram, once you have enabled a private account on Instagram. Follow the steps give below to make an Instagram account private.
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone and go to profile, then Settings.
- Then, "Privacy and Security" and check "Private Account".
- Open Instagram App and open the post that you want to block off comments.
- Tap on three dots and tap on "Turn off commenting"and no one will be able to comment on that post.
- Open the Instagram app and open post that you want to report.
- Tap on three dots and tap on "Report" and provide an appropriate reason.
- Launch Instagram App and go to settings on Instagram, Privacy and Security, Comment, Edit Comment Settings.
- In the text box, add the keywords and separate them with commas. These comments won’t appear on your post.
- Open an Instagram account on your phone and open the Instagram profile that you want to restrict.
- Now tap on three dots and from the options tap on "Restrict".
Instagram is a popular way for people to make friends and share their moment, we can not forbid our kids to use it because it a great way for them to explore the world. But as a parent, we don't want to see our kids in any trouble from the Internet. So, if you’re still wonder how to set parental control on Instagram and worry about their Internet safety, just try KidsGuard Pro for Android!