Have you tried calling someone you care about but the person is not picking your phone? What went through your mind after the phone went unanswered? We all find ourselves in such situations where we wish we could know where someone is and what they are up to. Most people decide to track their loved ones after such situations. Probably you are here because you want to know not just how to track a loved one but how to track a cell phone for free and without installing software. If this is what you are looking for, then read on because this article will cover all you need to know from the best phone tracker apps without permission to free methods that can help you successfully track a cell phone location.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Why Track A Cell Phone Location?
- Track a Cell Phone Location Using Android Device Manager
- Track a Samsung Phone Location Using Find My Device
- Track a Cell Phone Location Using iCloud
- Track a Cell Phone Location Using KidsGuard Pro for iOS
- Another Google Solution - Google Maps Timeline
Part 6: Conclusion
Why Track A Cell Phone Location?
There are many reasons why people invest their time and effort to track a cell phone location. The main reasons why you may want to track a cell phone location include:
To protect your children:
If you are a parent to teenage kids, then it's only natural to want to know where they are and what they are up. As your children grow you want to give them more freedom to pressure personal interests and build a strong friendship with others kids. But at the same time, you don't what to be complacent in your parenting. Tracking their location through their mobile phones and monitor child's phone offer you a better way to protect them because you will always know what they are and what they are up to.
Locate a lost phone:
Your phone carries more important information than any other device. For this reason, if your phone got lost you will be devastated. Using phone location tracking you can easily locate a lost phone and even recover the data of a stolen one.
For business data:
Today many businesses want to track a cell phone location online for their employees to capture important data. For example businesses with fields, the staff wants to know where their field staff is and how effective they are covering their assigned regions. Insurance companies that offer insurance cover for phones use phone tracking to collect important data to determine if to pay or not during a claim.
Can I Track A Cell Phone Location?
Yes, you can absolutely track a cell phone location. Governments have been tracking not just the location but every aspect of suspected criminals through their phones for years. There are also reports all over the media where politicians have used cell phone location tracking to spy on their opponents.
There are two ways to track a cell phone location. You can use the phone's inbuilt feature (non-third party app) or a third-party application, such as the location tracking apps for Android and iPhone. iPhone comes with native phone location tracking feature that makes it easy to track the location of a loved one. However, if you are using Android cell phones then you will have to rely on third-party apps that you have to install on the cell phone being tracked. This is because most Android phones are not built with the native capacity to track cell phone locations.
How to Track a Cell Phone Location without Installing Software?
People track cell phone locations for various reasons. While you will have no problem installing software on the phone you give to your children or employees, there are many cases where you have no access to the phone you want to track. For example, if you want to track boyfriend's phone location and keep everything private and chances are you may not have access to their phones. In such a case you need to find a way to track the location of their cell phones without having to install software on the devices. There are a number of ways to do these. Some of the best methods you can use to track a cell phone location without installing software include:
1. Track a Cell Phone Location Using Android Device Manager
If you have any other Android phone other than Samsung, you can locate it easily with the help of the Find My Device feature which can be used for free on every Android phone. This feature is connected directly to the Google account and also the GPS tracker, using which the location of the Android cell phone can be securely found out. Follow the below steps to find out how you can make use of this feature to track an Android cell phone.
Step 1: Go to Google Play Store and download Find My Device app on any device. You can even navigate to www.google.com/Android/find.
Step 2: Key in your email ID and password to log in to your Google account.
Step 3: Select the Android phone whose location you wish to track.
Step 4: The "Play Sound" option would make your phone to ring continuously for 5 minutes on high volume.
Step 5: The "Secure Device" option would lock your device and sign you out of Google account on the Android phone.
Step 6: The "Erase Device" option would erase all the important data from your Android phone so that nobody can access it.
This feature can be great to track any Android phone.
2. Track a Samsung Phone Location Using Find My Device
Similarly, Samsung phones also come with an inbuilt Find My Mobile feature which can be used to track the location of the Samsung phone. Follow the steps below to know how you can track a cell phone location online with this inbuilt feature.
Step 1: Navigate to www.findmymobile.samsung.com on any device's web browser.
Step 2: Select the device whose location which you wish to track.
Step 3: You can use "Locate My Device" feature to get the location of the Samsung cell phone displayed on the screen.
Step 4: You can use "Lock My Screen" feature which would lock the screen, power button and Samsung Pay on the Samsung cell phone.
Step 5: You can use "Ring My Device" feature to make the Samsung phone ring on loud volume for an entire minute.
Step 6: With the "Back up Data" option, you can backup all the data stored on your Samsung phone to the Samsung cloud server.
This method can be used to track all Samsung devices.
3. Track a Cell Phone Location Using iCloud
If you want to track a cell phone without installing software or any app on it, you can use the services provided by the phone manufacturer. If in case you have an Apple device, you can make use of Find My iPhone feature which is inbuilt in all iPhones. You can use this feature to track a cell phone without app or software by using the following steps.
Step 1: Open the web browser on any device, navigate to www.icloud.com. You can even use the Find My iPhone feature located in the main menu if available.
Step 2: Key in your iCloud ID and password to login and select the iPhone whose location you wish to track.
Step 3: You can use the Play sound option which would play an audible sound on the selected iPhone.
Step 4: You can use the Lost Mode which would lock your device and display your phone number on the iPhone screen. This way if any person finds the iPhone, they would know whom to contact.
Step 5: If the iPhone is stolen, you can use the Erase option which would erase all your personal information and data so that it cannot be accessed by anybody.
This way you can track any iPhone without the need to download any kind of software or app.
4. Track a Cell Phone Location Using KidsGuard Pro for iOS
Sometimes, the free methods provide limited functions, they may not work for some complex situations. At this time, you might need to ask for help with third-party apps. KidsGuard Pro for iOS is a powerful third-party tool that is used by millions of people across the world to track their loved ones through cell phones. It is an advanced tool that will help you track the location of your loved one's iPhone, check their location history, and check all their other data on iCloud. You can do all these and more effortlessly without even having access to their smartphone.
The key features of KidsGuard Pro for iOS include:
- Location Tracker: this feature helps you track the location of your loved ones, and know where and when they have been to these places.
- Safari History and Bookmarks: this feature helps you track places someone has visited and other personal interests.
- Social Apps Monitor: this feature lets you track how someone uses social sites such WhatsApp, QQ, Line and WeChat among others on their iPhone.
- Messages Reader: This feature lets remotely access and read massages on the iPhone of someone you are tracking.
- Calls Tracker: Do you want to who made a call to a given device, at what time and for how long? Then this is the feature to use to track both incoming and outgoing calls.
- Media Files Checker: if you are spying on someone you would want to check the photos and videos on their phone for you to be able to tell what they are app to. This is the feature you need to remotely access and check media files on someone's iPhone.
- Text Files Viewer: this feature will let you remotely access and monitor notes, reminders and calendars on a target iPhone or iPad.
Simple Steps to Track Cell Phone Location on iPhone Device
KidsGuard Pro for iOS offers very simple steps to use, let's check how to use it to track cell phone location:
Step 1. Create Account, Download and Install KidsGuard Pro
Simply Head to the official KidsGuard Pro for iOS website, register an account and choose one plan. Next download and install the program to your computer. Launch the program and begin using it.
Step 2. Connect the Target Device
To access the device and track it you need to connect it with the KidsGuard Pro for iOS first. There are two ways of doing this. If you can access the target iPhone or iPad then simply connect it to the computer you have installed the program using a USB cable. Alternatively, you will have to make the connection via Wi-Fi. Next, follow the on-screen directions to select and sync the devices.
Step 3. Start Checking Cell Phone Location
Once the scanning is done you can start monitoring the device and see target's location on the dashboard.
5. Another Google Solution - Google Maps Timeline
This is another program you can use to monitor track a cell phone location without having to install a program on the target device. Google Maps Timeline will show where someone has visited including the time for the visit. This makes it an important application if you are tracking someone and you want to know the places they visited.
Google Maps Timeline is available for Android, iOS, and computers. To remotely track a cell phone location you will have to use a computer which is easy. To do so simply follow these steps:
- Open Google Maps on your computer
- Sign using the same Google account that is signed in on the cell phone you want to track
- Click "Menu" in the top left corner of the window
- Select "Timeline"
- Now check where the phone has been. You can even check a different date by simply using the date feature at the top of the Google Maps window.
How to Track a Cell Phone Location with Installing Software?
Often for Android users, the available options for tracking a cell phone without installing software are insufficient and less accurate. For this reason, you have to access the device you want to track and install the software before you can track it. Here are some of the best ways to track a cell phone location by installing software.
1. KidsGuard Pro for Android
This is one of the best programs you can use to track a cell phone location. It is designed with many powerful features to make it easy for you not only to track the location of a cell phone but to also find out more about the person you are monitoring. Unlike most other apps that will only give you location history, KidsGuard Pro for Android will help you track the location of a cell phone in real-time.
Key features of KidsGuard Pro for Android
The major features of KidsGuard Pro for Android that you will love include:
- GPS Location Tracking: this is an inbuilt GPS tracking system that makes it easy to track the location of a given cell phone in real-time.
- Wi-Fi Location tracking: this is an alternative tracking feature that will let you track the location of a cell phone using Wi-Fi instead of the classic GPS.
- Geofencing: this is a feature that lets set boundaries of where your loved ones should not visit. You get an alert when the individual crosses the boundaries set.
- Phone Files Checker: this is another beautiful feature that makes monitoring someone easy. It helps you remotely access and monitor files such as photos and videos on the target cell phone.
- Social Apps Tracker: with this feature you will be able to know what the individual you are monitoring posts on Facebook, Tinder, Instagram, Line or Snapchat. You will also be able to follow their conversations on WhatsApp, messenger, telegram and a host of other social media sites.
- Text Reader: this feature lets you remotely access text messages on the target cell phone and read them.
- Remote Control: you can use this feature to remotely access and import data from the target phone. You can record calls, capture screenshots and even secretly capture photos using the cell phone.
- Call Log Tracker: this feature lets you know the calls made to and from the cell phone you are tracking and the duration of each call.
- Multiple Languages: KidsGuard Pro for Android comes in multiple languages to make sure that everyone can use it in their local language without any problems.
Simple Steps to Track Cell Phone Location on Android Device
To use KidsGuard Pro for Android follow these steps:
Step 1. Sign Up A KidsGuard Pro for Android Account
Before you use KidsGuard Pro for Android you first need to create an account on the official website and purchase the suitable plan.
Step 2. Download and Install KidsGuard Pro for Android
Once registration is done, download the KidsGuard Pro for Android to the target phone and install, then launch it by following the instructions.
Step 3. Monitor the Target Cell Phone
Now you can close the program on the cell phone and return it to the owner. You can now monitor the cell phone by simply logging into your account on the website and check them on dashboard.
Hoverwatch is one of the best programs you can use to trace a cell phone location. It's an Android app that has to be installed on the target phone. It works in stealth mode which makes it almost impossible for the person using the phone to detect it.
Major Features of Hoverwatch
- Real Time location tracking which enables you track a cell phone in real time
- Contacts and Call Logs Monitoring
- Remote Messages Reading
- Remote calls Recording
- Social Media Tracking
- Inbuilt Keylogger
- Remote Photos, Calendar, Notes and Apps monitoring
How Use Hoverwatch
To use Hoverwatch application to track the location of a cell phone, follow these steps:
Step 1: Download and Install the application
Simply head to Hoverwatch official website and download the program. Once the download is done click run and then follow the onscreen directions to install it.
Sept 2: Launch the Program
Simply start the program and then agree to the legal terms at it will be ready to use.
Step 3: Log into Your Hoverwatch Account
Now log into a Hoverwatch account and start using the program. Remember to buy an appropriate subscription before you log in.
Step 4: Grant Permissions and Start Using
Before you use Hoverwatch you will be required to grant permissions on the target device so that the application can access the camera, media storage, and other features of the device. Once you have done this you can start using it to track someone's location.
Spyzie is another popular application for tracking a cell phone location. It is perfect for many people as once installed it works discreetly in the background thus making it easy for you to monitor someone without being discovered. It is also very light and thus impossible to detect.
Spyzie's key features include:
- Call Log Monitoring
- Instant Messaging Apps monitoring
- GPS Tracking
- Test Message Monitoring
- Internet History monitoring
- Social Media Activity Monitoring.
- Remote Media Files viewer
To Install and use Spyzie
To use this program simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Register an account
Go to the official website and register an account by following the onscreen directions that will be given.
Step 2: Download and install the app on the target device
Now download the app from the official website to the target cell phone. Once the download is done, install the program.
Step 3: Sign into Spies on the device
Once the installation is done, launch the program. In the window that will appear sign in using the same details as the once you used to create an account on the website.
Step 4: Grant permissions and activate the program
Following the onscreen directions, grant all permissions as asked and then activate the program.
Step 5: Start tracking
Once the program is active hide the icon on the device. Now go to your computer and sign into your account and start monitoring.
FAQ About Tracking a Cell Phone Location
Q1. Is Rooting or Jailbreaking Required For Tracking Cell Phone Location?
No. there are better ways you can use to track a cell phone easily. You can track without installing software by the use of programs such as KidsGuard for iOS or by installing apps on the target device
Q2. Do Tracking App Require Permission?
Not always. Some tracking apps installed on the user device will require permissions to access various features of the device. However, if you use an app that does not have to be installed on the target device then such an app does not require permissions.
Q3. Can I Track My Kids' Phones Without Them Knowing?
Yes. Software such as KidsGuard Pro for iOS will not be installed on your child's iPhone meaning that they will have no idea that they are being tracked. Many other applications such as KidsGuard Pro for Android work discretely meaning that the person being track won't even know that an app was installed on their device.
There are many reasons why you may want to track a cell phone location. Whatever your reason there are many ways you can do it. The easiest and best way to track a cell phone location for someone else is to do so without installing an app on the target device. The best way to do this is to use KidsGuard Pro for iOS. If the individual uses an Android cell phone then there are a number of apps you can use. The best app so far is the KidsGuard Pro for Android.
- Wi-Fi Location Tracking: Can Phone be Tracked by Wi-Fi
- How to Track My Boyfriend’s Phone Without Him Knowing
- [3 Ways] How to View Someone Else's WhatsApp Call History
- [4 Ways] How to Find Someone's Location on Facebook
You may also be interested in:
By Cody Walsh
Posted on May 16, 2019 ( Updated: Jul 19, 2021 )
An experienced technology blogger and editor who has spent more than a decade writing about software, gadgets, and computing etc all over the Internet.