Are you worried about your child's excessive use of TikTok? Since its launch in 2017, TikTok has gained immense popularity, especially among the younger generation, due to its snappy content and short-form videos featuring lip sync, music, comedy, and various other genres.
However, this addictive nature of the app has become a cause for concern among many parents. If you're one of them, you may be wondering how to block someone on TikTok . In this article we will guide you how to block TikTok app on a phone in 2023.
Part 2: How to Block TikTok?
Is There A Way to Block TikTok Now?
YES, there are some alternatives to help you about how to block someone on TikTok. With some great methods or smart third-party tools, you can block someone's Tiktol account with ease and convenience.
Why You Should Block Someone's TikTok?
Many people wonder whether TikTok is safe for kids or not. Unfortunately we’re afraid not, because:
There are two main feed sections of the TikTok app. One is "following" and the second is the default, "For you," which is a stream of videos like the explore page. On the "for you page" it shows all kinds of content without any filter such as adult video clips, 18 plus jokes and dialogues, inappropriate music, etc and this kind of content is not good for kids.
It gets access to your mobile’s model, screen resolution, current OS, phone number, location, email address, keystroke pattern, and contact list.
Through TikTok, users can contact anyone in this whole world. Thus it is very dangerous, especially for kids. We all know TikTok now is most used by teens and early 20s. Your kids can talk to anybody through TikTok. Thus your kids can be in danger because there are so many sex predators. They use compliments and flattery language so kids feel special and fall prey to them. That's why if your kid is an TikTok user, block the TikTok app on their phones.
Negative impact on brain
TikTok becomes an addiction and imposes negative effects on mental health. TikTok can lead to anxiety and depression. It can also cause poor memory in teenagers. TikTok can also produce severe physical tics in teen girls.
On TikTok, there can be inappropriate and personal stuff. Sometimes there are some videos that can lead to self-harm or trigger violence. The depressed kids who use TikTok can have dismissive and sarcastic reactions. It can even encourage people to attempt suicide.
How to Block TikTok?
There are different methods to block TikTok app on Android, iPhone and router.
1. Block TikTok on Android
- Go to the play store and download freedom and create account;
- Now tap on a block list. Set a name your blocklist;
- Click on Add blocklist. Now enter tiktok.com. tap on Add site, or you can also select TikTok from the list below;
- Tap on the save button to save the block list;
- Tap on the Start Session button to block the TikTok;
- Now TikTok will not work on this device.
2. Block TikTok on iPhone
How to block TikTok on iPhone? iPhone users can easily block TikTok application by following these steps.
- Go to iPhone settings, click on General;
- here you will see different options, scroll down and click on option Restriction and enable it;
- now enter a passcode, go down and tap on installed apps option;
- Here tap on the TikTok application and click on the Disable option;
- now your kid can not access TikTok application on iPhone.
3. Block TikTok on the Router
To block the TikTok application on router, you have to follow these steps
- first of all, you have to add the OpenDNS IP address in wifi router;
- next, create an openDNS home account and login into your account;
- configure routers IP address and next block TikTok domain name;
How to Limit TikTok Screen Time for My Child? – KidsGuard
If your kid has become a TikTok addict and your intention is to keep him away from the TikTok app and set a limit screen time for this application, then you are lucky because the KidsGuard- a screen time app offers you to set a screen limit on the use of applications like TikTok, Instagram, telegram, etc. you can set a specific in which your kid can use TikTok, and after that specific time he/she will not be allowed to use TikTok.
1. How to Use KidsGuard to Limit TikTok Screen Time?
KidsGuard is a parental control application, and parents can easily install it to limit screen time and monitor all their online activities. The installation of KidsGuard is an effortless process; it will take less than 5 minutes for the complete installation process.
Follow these easy steps to install KidsGuard:
Step 1. Download KidsGuard on Parent’s Phone
Go to the Play Store or App Store and install the KidsGuard application.
Step 2. Create an Account for KidsGuard
Create an account with your Email or directly sign up with Gmail, Facebook, or apple ID. And login into your account.
Step 3. Download KidsGuard Jr on Child’s Phone
After creating an account, go to the app interface, click on the "Bind Now" option, and next click I'm ready option. Here you will see a link or a QR code, copy either of these to download KidsGuard Jr and install the application on the kid's device.
Step 4. Start Setting Screen Time on TikTok
After successful installation, go to the dashboard; add basic information about the kid like age, name, gender, etc. after this, Go to App Block and choose TikTok. You could either block the entire app or just set the screen time limit.
2. What Can You Do with KidsGuard?
Here are amazing features of KidsGuard:
- Web Blocking: The KidsGuard app's amazing feature is web blocking, which allows the parents to block all inappropriate websites.
- App Blocking: The app blocking feature allows you to block all unwanted apps on which your kids waste time. Like gaming apps and entertaining apps like TikTok etc.
- Geo-fencing: This feature helps you to set no-go areas; you can set the location where you do want your kid to visit. This feature will inform you if your kid tries to go to that area.
- Real Location History: This feature kids make the kids more secure when they go outside. The parents can easily know the real-time location of kids with this feature.
- Browser History: Through this feature, parents can know all the online activities like what they searched, what they watched on the internet, etc.
[Bonus] How to Monitor My Child's TikTok History? - KidsGuard Pro
The KidsGuard Pro is a parental control app specially designed for parents to know kids' online activity. This application helps the parents to mitigate the potential risk of TikTok. Besides TikTok, This app could also monitor YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Tinder, WhatsApp, Telegram,etc.
1. TikTok Monitoring Features
The KidsGuard pro recently launched an amazing TikTok monitoring feature that tells the parents about the TikTok activity. This application provides a comprehensive report like what your kid has watched; it shows the title of the video and with the user name and time.
Additionally, KidsGuard Pro shows how many videos your kid viewed today and also shows the screen time of TikTok. Moreover, you can easily check what they search on the TikTok application, so you can get an idea of what kind of stuff your kid is searching on TikTok.
In this way, parents can easily hack TikTok account of their child and can take future steps.
2. How to Set Up Parental Control App on Your Child's Phone?
The KidsGuard pro application is a highly efficient parental control application, and the best thing about it is it is easy to install on the phone. You don’t have to install or download anything to use KidsGuard Pro.
Here are some easy installation steps for you.
Step 1. Sign up for KidsGuard Pro Account
Sign up for KidsGuard Pro with your verified email address, and purchase a premium package.
Step 2. Download KidsGuard Pro.
After purchasing a premium package, you will get a link to the download application on the targeted phone. Download and install the application on targeted device. Do setting according to instruction.
Step 3. Start Checking Your Child’s TikTok History
After installation, go to the official website, log into your account, On the live dashboard, you will see the different options; tapping on the Video Apps > TikTok, you can check the TikTok search history and watch history.
Does TikTok Have Parental Controls?
Yes, the TikTok application has inbuilt parental control feature. This amazing feature helps parents to control this application's usage in different ways. You can make changes in settings and save them with a passcode, and best thing is that kids can't change the settings. For example, as a parent, you can set time limit for screen, the maximum time limit is 2 hours, and the minimum time you can set is 40 minutes. After the allowed time, the kid will not be able to use it again in extra time.
Additionally, these parents are allowed to turn on the restricted mode on the kid's TikTok application, and this feature will filter the content and will not show any adult content to the kids.
FAQs about Blocking TikTok
1. How to block the TikTok from being downloaded?
If you don't let your kids download the TikTok app, you can block this specific application on the targeted device. You can get help from the KidsGuard application because it has the feature "app blocker" install this application on the device, add TikTok to the block list, and the app will be blocked, and your kids will not be able for download it.
2. Can I block TikTok on my wifi?
Yes, you can block TikTok on your wifi network router by blocking TikTok domains.
3. How to block TikTok on Chrome?
It is easy to block TikTok on chrome; here are steps:
- You just have to download a chrome extension name “block Tiktok”;
- install it and add to extensions;
- After installation, you can't use TikTok.
In conclusion, there are several ways on how to block TikTok on different devices, including Android phones, iPhones, and routers. For Android and iPhone devices, you can use parental controls -- KidsGuard Pro to restrict access to the app store or use third-party app blockers to create a blacklist of apps that you don't want to be accessible.
To block TikTok on a router, you can use content filtering tools like OpenDNS and CleanBrowsing to block access to specific websites and apps, including TikTok, on all devices connected to your wifi network. However, it's important to note that none of these methods are foolproof, and users may still find ways to bypass the blocks, such as using a VPN.
Overall, taking steps to block TikTok on your devices and router can help reduce the likelihood of accessing the app and its content. It's essential to evaluate your options carefully and consider the potential limitations of each method before implementing them.